Sunday 15 March 2015

Moithering Sunday

I give thanks for my Mother's Day breakfast in bed - I had to get it myself of course but breakfasts and beds are still things to be grateful for! I give thanks for managing to uninstall some Chrome update or add on on my tablet which I don't remember installing in the first place but had been driving me nuts by going extremely slowly and crashing all the time. I'm grateful that meant I could stay in bed surfing instead of swearing...

My bottom half joints were too sore to go out anywhere and the top half ones in too much pain for much in the way of crafting, and I wasn't in the best of moods so I'm grateful I thought of starting my Jacek Yerka birthday jigsaw puzzle to soothingly while away a few hours... until I realised it won't fit on my jigsaw board! I was grateful there was a plan B - to watch the film adaptation of a book I loved as a child which I'd been saving for some Sunday afternoon. This turned out to be too dreadful to give my full attention so I ended up knitting as well but making mistakes which had to be unpicked... and battling with balls of yarn determined to prove chaos theory and string theory both at once.

In what way am I grateful about this? Well, it's all pretty first world stuff isn't it, and it ties in nicely with a book I'm reading about which I'm grateful for in many ways, not least for revealing there is a museum of failed products...
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/jun/15/happiness-is-being-a-loser-burkeman

Oh, and being moithered by the day gave me an instant pun title for today's post... that's always something to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics