Tuesday 3 March 2015

Pot Luck

I give thanks to Jenny for coming to do the strenuous chores and to a Tesco delivery to top up grocery supplies. If it hadn't been for the need to get out of bed for those two I'd have probably stayed in it, so as well as the contributions they've made to my comfort I'm grateful for the extra upness. I haven't stirred far from the sofa but I've been grateful for a quiet day to quietly do a little knitting and sewing up, and I'm also grateful I'm a very rare knitter in that I actually do enjoy the sewing up and finishing off part as well. 

I'm grateful for a text from Christine to check I'm OK as I've not been to choir for a while and to tell me where there's pretty spring things to see nearby, and I'm grateful that a kind man at the new fabric place I found last week has said he'll send replacement samples as the last ones went astray, not due to dodgy local characters or slapdash delivery office practices, but to Google autofilling my address without a vital line and neither I nor the company noticing...

I give thanks that Bob never had tantrums like the little girl next door and that so far her relatives have refrained from violence or leaving her home alone. I'm grateful when I go into the kitchen I'll hear her less and there'll be lots of choice of things to eat with little effort involved. I'm grateful I'm not on dialysis and can eat as and when and as much as I like...

Oh, and just when I'd put away even my belated cards and considered my birthday over for another year, Jenny brought me this little potted plant and I'm very grateful for that as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics