Friday 6 March 2015

Travel iron

I give thanks to Chris for sharing this link on Facebook - http://elitedaily.com/life/culture/wanderlust-gene-people-born-travel/953464/

Apparently there's some evidence to suggest that some of can't help our almost constant urge to travel, explore and investigate and we're not likely to grow out of it and settle down as most of us have probably heard we should!

Unfortunately, unless there's chauffeuring and back up catering services involved, even going out three days in a row locally is tough for me now so I was grateful that the reason I had to leave home today was an appointment for intravenous iron, as that might help me to recover quicker! I'm grateful I remembered to include the lady who administers it in my morning metta practice as, even though she couldn't get the needle in again and her boss had to take over, her boss did succeed and we could have a little bonding session while the stuff went in so that hopefully we're less likely to tense up the moment we see each other next time...

I'm grateful for something edible and affordable in the hospital restaurant and the beautiful views on the sunny bus ride back. For passing a man doing tai chi on his cottage lawn, and for the 'Isn't it nice to be home?' feeling when we reached the sea front here. For the finger picking blues busker on the Triangle, my cheery neighbours calling out hello as I passed and delicious Devon ice cream on the beach. If you can't go very far very often, what a splendid place to be still!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics