Friday 13 March 2015

Mull of attire

I give thanks for finally getting round to taking out the tricksy laces of my those splendidly colourful handmade boots. I'd told the saleslady I'd have trouble getting the footwear on and off threaded the way she'd done them, but she said they weren't long enough to work the other way and I could see they were quite short so thought I'd persevere. I have the same problem with some Kickers' laces and they do limber up a little even though my extremities don't, but at last I took them out to measure up before searching for a new pair, trying a spare too long to compare...and discovered the existing ones were perfectly long enough to criss cross lace actually - it just needed to be done! I am so grateful for the saving of money and future effort...and have promptly re threaded my Kickers too!

A few weeks back I was grateful I seemed to have found some fabric I've been looking for for years and today have been even more grateful now a length of it has arrived. It's that very fine light cotton that is used to line dresses and tops commercially but you never see in the shops. Apparently it's called 'mull' and the same firm sells coloured cotton lawn and voile at very reasonable prices for all your non slithery lining needs. 


I give thanks to Tamsin for a really good idea where to look for something else. I'm not sure if I will actually find it, but I can see it is a very good place to look! I give thanks that Tamsin is my cousin and thus of impeccable pedigree and perspicacity so she will merely snicker and maybe send a smiley wink if she should read this post!

I give thanks for the murky mist turning to wind and rain and for having to go out in it and get some bits and bobs - always up for a bit of weather me, and the sea was so pretty! I give thanks for sensible clothing and a warm dry home to come home to...

I give thanks that for almost a week now it's been quiet in the flat next door - the same people are still living there,  just not all of them at once and the noisiest ones are the ones who are away so life's been a lot easier all round...except when I watch scary things on TV. They are much scarier without the reality check of party wall sound invasion!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics