Thursday 12 March 2015

Having the foggiest

I give thanks for the orange mist yesterday evening with street lights tinting the fog, and that it wasn't worth making a detour from the recycling buns to see the sea because I could see you couldn't! 

I give thanks for a day with nothing medical to attend to - no appointments, procedures, treatments of deliveries - it's the first one for five weekdays in a row so had felt like a holiday! I give thanks to Roxy for inviting me to join her at a workshop but the first part of the day the place I just had to be was bed!

I give thanks for reading more about the thoughts of Stoics which I'd only the vaguest notion of before - it's strange to see the way I think about things set out as an established way to think and, given my general tendency to avoidance of labels, odd to realise I am something without aspiring to be! I'm grateful my research also led to me discovering a project with an alternative take on what news stories offer us http://thephilosophersmail.com/ and the associated fascinating Book of Life http://www.thebookoflife.org/ 

And talking of books and life, I give thanks for the life and work of Terry Pratchett, including his work in drawing attention to the struggles of dealing with early onset Alzheimer's, and the moral dilemmas around assisted suicide.

I give thanks for taking a picture of the skirt I bought so that if I manage to turn it into a dress I have a 'before' photo, but if I make a hash of it I have a picture what it looked like before to try and put it back together again! I usually have a few ideas of how to turn the images that appear in my head into the end results but they're usually quite hazy on the details...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics