Friday 20 March 2015

Water off

How does a weather goddess get to see an eclipse? From her bedroom window through a handy filter of cloud, of course! I give thanks that I was sure if I sat there and gazed into the murk it would appear ...and it did! 

I give thanks for attempting to make the best of the rest of the day even though it's been painful and painfully convoluted resulting in more gritted teeth than grins. I give thanks for a blue-out of sky and sea making it pretty pointless trying to get the horizon horizontal...


I'm grateful my water bill is lower this year. I can't have a meter so this can only happen if the charges come down at source, and despite my generally eco-conscious ways, this means more money to heat it up for baths I'm afraid. I've always said baths are the next best thing to hugs for those for whom such things are very rare, so I was grateful to read this and see I'm not the only one to have noted that effect http://www.thebookoflife.org/the-consolations-of-a-bath/ 

I'm also grateful for a 'refund' for something landing in my bank account although I'm not sure quite what and neither is my bank, so I'll just have to see if it's retracted instead. I'm grateful I know not to spend pennies until you're sure they're in the right place...

And last, but by no means least, I'm grateful I still think I'm lovely. Many people have found many ways to demonstrate their difference of opinion over the years but I'm the one who's stuck around so it's my assessment matters! It's not quite water off a duck's back yet but definitely more 'Whatever!' now than 'Whatever can I do to make it better?' I'm grateful I keep right on doing to myself as I would have others do to me...time to put the water on for a bath I reckon, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics