Wednesday 4 March 2015

Sight for sore knees

Last night I gave thanks for seeing chickens being put to bed with the aid of torch and for the moon shine on the sea. I gave thanks for the enjoying the aftermath of cleaning without the exhaustion and pain after I've done it myself, and for just enough mildness in the air to leave a window open a sliver to sleep.

Today I've been grateful for a little less soreness and stiffness in my lower half which meant I could give my top half a much needed rest, lay down the knitting needles and go out mostly just for pleasure, but with a little bit of practicality tacked on, rather than the ratio the other way round as is often the case. The practicality bit was putting some things in the big recycling bins and I'm grateful I could see the funny side when a combination of stiff hands, a stiff breeze and a sloping car park meant that small plastic containers went running off down the hill and had to be chased and brought back!

I give thanks for going a little way into our splendid 'lost garden' park...I can't remember the last time I did, though I've wistfully paused at the entrance a few times wishing I had a companion to offer an arm on the steep bits. I was grateful to see primroses, a violet or two, some nearly out daffodils and some definitely out hawthorn nearby, but my favourite bit is the mixed up tree tops when you look up.


I give thanks for finding a portion of homemade parsnip, sweet potato and chick pea stew in the freezer. They're ingredients I have to eat sparingly now so I had half a bowl with bread and butter and filled up with a scone and jam and cream...and was very grateful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics