Saturday 21 March 2015

Power trap

I'm grateful for having very little motivation most of today - it's actually a fine way to be if you're in a lot of pain. I'm grateful for remembering I bought crumpets yesterday when I went into the kitchen this morning wondering how I was going to cut bread, and I'm grateful by the time I felt a bit better it was too late to do much anyway thus maybe saving myself some more of the same tomorrow...

I'm grateful for knowing when you're cross or miserable or stressed or depressed, it is you who make those emotional states - not situations you're in or other people's actions or attitudes. Of course it's always much easier to assume you have a cause or perpetrator to blame, but the downside of thinking that someone or something else creates your moods is that you deny your own power to sort them out, or just ride them out maybe...

I'm grateful for the sunny spring day - ideal for people who have weekends to do weekendy things. I'm grateful for some pink in the sky and a reasonable forecast tomorrow for those who're doing them twice...I'm grateful some may be doing them at a happiness cafe http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31979967 while others might be meeting about the bush! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-31939776

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics