Wednesday 25 March 2015

Making it up

I'm grateful for not waking up at first hint of light in the sky. It's something I trained myself to do in the darkest part of the year but it's far too early in spring!

I give thanks for realising the fabric I bought yesterday was in amounts suitable for a non directional pattern (which is what I'd meant to buy but had been lured away) not for cutting bits out all facing the same way. Something had been niggling away at my brain about it so even though it was too late to change I was grateful I'd worked what it was. I'm grateful I was sure I'd come up with a way round the problem and, of course, even more so that I did! One design works well width ways and there should be enough cut like that, and the other I think I can get away with having the back and front going different ways as though they don't match it's close enough for me.

I'm grateful I went to a big Boots to look at make-up. As neither my hands not my social life function that well these days I hardly ever wear it anymore, but they had a special offer on and so I decided to check out all the wonderful things other people put on their faces...before giving thanks that they still do the Natural Collection range and I was able to buy some light tinted moisturiser, non lengthening non thickening mascara and lipstick that's almost the same colour as my mouth so for minimum effort I can look like me on a good day when I'm not...

I give thanks for looking round some new to me charity shops for a gift for a friend and finding some new to me things for me instead. I give thanks for the longest slowest traffic jam I've been stuck in for years - I really needed a rest and the views were pretty! Since I got back I've been grateful I've nearly got clean sheets on my bed..but another rest is needed before that gets completed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics