Wednesday 18 March 2015

Temperature rising

There are places round here I tend to only go to if I have to, and the reason I had to today was that I had to go somewhere so I was grateful they were reasonably accessible! I'm grateful I suffer from cabin fever and that the effects of my other maladies make it so much worse so that sometimes, even though it hurts, and isn't a bundle of fun on my own, I just have to give into the urge to get some blue yonder asap...


I give thanks for the mildness so that there could be lots of sitting down between buses as well as on them, mild enough to take my coat off and sit on that! I give thanks for all the blossoming blossom, especially the beautiful magnolia, and the sight of all the folk enjoying the sun, even if hearing and smelling them wasn't always quite as enchanting!

Despite the desperate need for a change of horizon sometimes, the vast majority of places I can easily get to make me very grateful when I get back to the particular friendliness and emotional warmth of here. I'm grateful I also managed to get some bits and bobs I couldn't be bothered to try to find on my travels and share a chat and chuckle at the same time. In Superdrug an assistant was helping a customer find a product she'd bought before and thought she remembered the brand of 'Maybe it's Maybelline...' she suggested!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics