Sunday 22 November 2015

Cardi perennials

'Tis the season to wear woollies...so I've been grateful I've been able to make inroads into making one too big ebay cardigan smaller, one that tied up button up, and one that was but an idea for some yarn left over from Bob's big purple jumper begin to take shape. All this is very wearing on the hands, however (even though I've sensibly hung my guitar back up on the wall) so I was grateful to spend a couple of hours yesterday evening not doing much with them at all but watching Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren etc al growing old explosively. Wireless headphones, organic fudge, mineral water, improbable story lines and a few chuckles along the way... life doesn't get much better than... What's that? Oh, I know it does...but not mine, and especially not mine on a Saturday night!

Today I've just been thankful for getting through what's seeming to be a very long one...For the times when I've looked out of the window and appreciated the sky and the light on the trees and the water. For the times when I've thought of things to have to eat other than toast and biscuits and toffee (nothing the matter with my appetite whatsoever, just minimal motivation to prepare and cook)... For doing some cleaning and tidying, and focusing on the pleasure I get from seeing things ordered and attractively arranged, rather than the other irrational and ironic reasons I like to have this done...For the times when pain has not prevented me from any of the above... For the times when the neighbours have been considerate... and even more so for when they went out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics