Tuesday 24 November 2015

Our Tune

I give thanks for the fibromyalgia sufferer's delayed pain response which meant my body didn't react to Sunday evening's unusual activity until the middle of last night...waking me up in the middle of horrid dreams it was a delight to escape from.

I give thanks for a dark day to go with a dark mood, and plenty more pain to direct my grumpiness at. I'm grateful for no one around to try and make me feel better, because sometimes it's best just to get on with feeling the way you do and not try to change it, or even appear to change it to make others feel better about themselves.

On the other hand... I give thanks for remembering to be polite and understanding when someone who had suggested doing something together I was looking forward to decided doing something else with someone else would suit them better. I give thanks for resisting the temptation to look forward again when they later said actually you never know maybe... and for realising it's partly my fault they did by failing to conceal my disappointment effectively. I give thanks the Universe probably has plenty more practice in dealing discreetly with in store...

Er... I'm grateful when the kettle started popping and shooting sparks around just now I managed to turn it off without electrocuting myself of blowing one of those ancient circuits? And then the kettle broke..? I know - this post is beginning to sound like a listener's letter on Our Tune. I'm sorry, I'm failing completely at the happiness element of my blog today... I'll go back to yesterday, there was some more joy there I'm sure...

I give thanks to Rachel for making delicious food to share with me...and washing up! For an acupuncture treatment as effective a mood enhancer as any of the usual suspect choices. For a choir practice that was actually a practice, not struggling to get our tonsils round anything new...and for finishing by working on Tchaikovsky's superbly unsugarplummy Crown of Roses. I adore the measured melancholy of its harmonies and it seems other choir members feel the same as we probably sing it better than pretty much anything else we do! I give thanks for feeling the sound ebb and swell around me...and most of all to the chaps in the bass section who provide the bottom line in the last few bars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics