Wednesday 25 November 2015

The one that I want

I give thanks for the view as I lay in bed this morning. Too much information? Count yourself lucky I didn't share one from the forward facing camera!


I give thanks for finding this article and pic of a moonbow in Iceland recently and for all the sun and rain shower ones I saw today...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-34909259

I give thanks for the way, just as dealing with physical pain can be a way of learning more about the emotional sort (any feeling you'd rather not be feeling is a sort of pain), so grieving for my kettle is a useful tool for examining loss. How can I be grieving for a small electrical appliance? Well, I was a long time looking for it, and of all the kettles I've ever had it was my favourite by far. It was light but stable and even my often uncooperative hands could persuade it to perform...It was swift to heat up and made a pleasing sound...It felt good to the touch and was easy on the eye, just right for enhancing my kitchen and providing a reliable source of comfort, warmth and joy. If anyone can name a living being I could say the same of then I'll concede it was odd to be attached to my kettle...but as, for glaringly obvious reasons, none of you can you'll just have to concede that it's fair enough that I might be!

And my point is that anything that gladdens your heart has the potential to sadden it if it's not around any more...And I'm grateful I understand that no other kettle no matter how fit for purpose or bearing fair grounds for attraction is going to stand a chance of being chosen as a replacement until I've got wanting that one back out of my system. (Yes, of course I've searched for one just like it...Yes, even on ebay...are you insane?)

I give thanks for taking my aches and pains out to vaguely look for one anyway, and also a Christmas card to send to Kostas. The one that I want has a realistic picture of snow on the front and not to much slush in side, but finding it seems to be a tall order. Must be the wrong time of year or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics