Sunday 15 November 2015

I think not...

I give thanks for the bliss of what presses the not think button...scenes in a modern Gothic movie of decaying mansions, empty moors and a tunnel of bare branched bowing trees...someone else's feelings in an autobiography - though it's by a cousin so not always unrelated...

For the quiet neighbours being at home, not least because I wanted to play my guitar and my hands hurt too much today...

For a letter from Kostas offering to fix me up with a serial killer he knows along the hall, as he gave his perennially single sister first choice and she preferred the axe murderer...

For the invigorating wind which sends a running up that hill tingle through my veins even when I'm strapped for energy and the effect is not unlike being in an electric chair...

For promising myself I would get myself somewhere today and wherever it is will be where I'm meant to be, even though I know it'll be the seafront and on a Sunday with the sun and tide out that can be unwelcomingly teeming... For resolving to find something to focus on beyond the folk with hands to hold and/or dogs to throw sticks for because, though I'm genuinely grateful they seem to be having a better time than me, it sometimes doesn't make mine feel better...

For a black ballet of crows on the thermals...

For jet skiers jumping white horses over the shoals...

For an unusual amount of deference from people who spotted me trying to hold both myself and my camera still in the buffeting gusts while extending the lens far enough to avoid human interest in the picture. At least I think it was deference...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics