Wednesday 4 November 2015

Leaves

I give thanks for enough train delays to turn the morning's mild misery at the thought of going home into a mission to get here before nightfall.

I give thanks for patiently observing the falling leaves when we weren't moving, watching the changing scenery as the miles begun to unwind, the changing sky as the hours passed and the constant mystery of others' lives as glimpsed from a moving carriage window.

I give thanks for making it home while there was still a little light left in the sky, to Jenny leaving the flat all nice and clean and tidy, and to Jan for her kindness, patience and enjoyable company the last few days.

I give thanks my cunning plan of leaving a frozen pint of milk to defrost in the fridge ready for my return worked a treat...and that I didn't have my heart set on eating any of the veg I left in there without one...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics