Wednesday 18 November 2015

The ladies in the car

I give thanks for Mima and Jenny wanting to see the same film as I did, for Mima offering to drive us there and Jenny for thinking to pre-book the tickets on line as waiting in line to get in the cinema door we were told there were no seats left!

I give thanks for leaving here just as a bag of clanking bottles was delivered to the flat upstairs, and for a brief squall of wind and rain making me catch my breath and laugh as I stepped outside.

It's not often I go to a multi story car park... I give thanks for a space next to a racing green Mini that rather caught my eye. It's not often I go to a normal cinema... and I give thanks I now know if I ever do again to arrive half an hour after the nominated start time to avoid the endless adverts which didn't...

I give thanks for hearing more of the Lady in the Van, first encountered in Alan Bennett's moving Untold Stories which I discovered quite by chance some years ago at a very timely time to read it...for his observations on life, death, and writing... and his unintentional neighbour's on how the spirit gains in loss... and the sound space of a chord. Oh and for his speaking voice, accent and all expertly imitated...there's a quality I find so comforting in that!

I give thanks for a cuppa and cake at Jenny's and a banquet of leftovers for my tea. I give thanks all I have to do now is be a lady in the bath. I give thanks for a renal appointment tomorrow... best way to think of that is Lush!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics