Thursday 5 November 2015

Chez moi

I give thanks to Colin for wishing me a 'Welcome home' last night - home isn't always where my heart is but that helped to make up for it...

I give thanks for some stretches of peacefulness now I'm here...and the bits where everyone around me was out and I could enjoy the feeling of being at peace and at home with myself. I give thanks for the sound of the rain and the sight of the whirling leaves in the wind. I give thanks the less there are the trees the more fireworks I might see as much as I love those sparkly things I won't be going out this evening!

I give thanks for working on a make it up as you go along knitting pattern and a make it up as you go along song. I give thanks for persevering with using the cheapy elastic capo I bought the other day
 - they were never my favourite sort but what used to be my favourite sort seems to have become obsolete in the many decades since I acquired it and, funnily enough, the newer styles don't seem to be designed with neurological damage in mind! I give thanks for finding one that I would like to try and optimistically putting it on my Christmas wish list...

I give thanks for attending to multiple medical matters by phone and, ambling about during an extended discussion with magnificent Mr McGrath's softly spoken secretary, discovering the aforementioned mislaid ancient capo's hiding place... I give thanks for the lady knowing what I was talking about and wishing me 'happy strumming' at the end of the call!

I give thanks for my own bath, my own bed, my own duvet and pillows and my own heating. It's not central and only marginally adequate but oh so turn off and onable! I give thanks for Potter's Cough Remover doing exactly what it says...for hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics