Sunday 8 November 2015

Close to home

I give thanks for a mild night for a slow walk on the other side of the river, for the way the two communities share the banks for bonfire and fireworks, and how their reflections on water make pretty patterns even when not photographed well! I give thanks for the good natured crowds, the family friendly atmosphere and Laura's enduring friendship. Bless her - she only signed up for six months and it's over six years now...


I give thanks for torches being to hand when the living room pendant blew later and took out the whole circuit. Living in an old high ceilinged flat this means ladders, screw drivers and fiddling with fuse wire and Bakelite are required - and in my current state of feebleness hours of daylight to proceed very slowly through the process of repair - so I give thanks after fixing the problem before nightfall I decided not to risk the possibility of setting it off again by replacing the bulb while I'm home alone.

I give thanks that my blood pressure has dropped to merely worryingly high rather than causing 'I can't bear to look' thoughts (me) and 'I can't bear to tell you' thoughts (health care professional). I give thanks that though I don't feel even a little bit better physically, I do feel different emotionally...less stressy, more resigned. I give thanks for the final burst of bubbliness EPO gave me (and to the folk who helped me use that so well) but I suspect, like chemo, it's not really designed for elfin metabolism and it's probably wise to accept that any kind of life as I'd like to know it may well be over for good... I give thanks for the sense that even though my play may be done, my work here is done also...

I give thanks, as ever, for Basket Case...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUTGr5t3MoY

And, just in case...remember...wicker coffin, Pachelbel, Green Day and dance like no one is watching...Oh and no whining - there isn't time ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics