Saturday 21 November 2015

Fulfilling a role

I give thanks for the comfort of a cosy bed, the mercy of sleep...and of the extra specially amazing times when the neighbours were home but being quiet...

I give thanks for the change in the weather, seasonally seasonable and reminding of J J Cale which always brings a smile. Of course it didn't change me, we never really change at all, just learn more about ourselves I guess...sometimes in the guise of learning more about other people...

I give thanks for all the folk who would have liked to go out and play on a sunny Saturday but had important things to do so others could, for all the people who could and had someone to say 'Hey let's..' to to make it all the more fun...and for all of us who are neither use nor entertainment but fill in the gaps here and there.

I give thanks for having some strength to get myself somewhere and deciding the kindest thing to do with it was to fill in some gaps in local shops and help create a bit of Teign spirit. It can be a tough time to be a small trader in a small town or a craftsperson in a market... I give thanks for finding some new things I could buy for other people, and a couple of things in charity shops I could buy for me. I hardly ever find anything in charity shops I like, let alone which fit, but today I bagged a delightfully shabby and un-chic vaguely fake sheepskin duffle coat and a little Fat Face dress which I'll considerately wear as a top... 

I give thanks for the bright sunshine and bright blue sky that lasted throughout my wanderings, and for going to find the cold and rather dispirited Big Issue seller at her shady pitch, commiserating with her over the temporary price rise that was putting some customers off...and buying one anyway of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics