Sunday 29 November 2015

Many shivers to cross

I'm grateful that yesterday I thought I'd rested my aches and pains enough the day before to be safely be active again for a few hours at least. Oh well...we all make mistakes! I'm grateful it's only pain, which is only a pain...if you see what I mean...and you can always feel the pain and do it anyway, though for me that often results in it hurting more and for longer so it's great for practising prioritising...and I must remember to be grateful for that!

Warmth and compression help, and you can buy neoprene gloves for painful hands but I'd really need a full body wet suit to cover all the problem areas. I'd probably need someone to help me into it...but if someone knew me well enough to help me into a wet suit they'd probably know me well enough to give me a hug as well and that would surely be helpful in itself. I could call it sofa surfing...

Oh well, back in the real world, I give thanks for getting dressed in several layers - clothing not being optional in my flat at this time of year... For wrestling my summer weight duvet down from the 'loft' and attaching it to the autumn one so winter warmth can begin in bed...

I give thanks for stopping wrestling with the Windows 10 Photo Gallery as, after talking to other people a while back I discovered theirs too goes through phases of simply ignoring everything you say, and you just have to wait as patiently as possible for it to say 'Oh these pictures...what is it you want me to do with them again?'


I give thanks for looking through my photos from my Lakes excursion with Jan, and being astounded that they were taken less than four weeks ago. Time is acting very strangely this year! I give thanks for this rather Nordic Gris image of a ferry on the lake...and for Jo suggesting something rather appealing involving a flask might and a moor might be on the cards in less than four weeks from today. I give thanks for friends instigating high places...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics