Monday 16 November 2015

Unaccountable

I give thanks for more strange and vivid dreams the last few nights - I've toured the mountains of Wales on a public service bus with a futon in for snoozing, and the steppes of Mongolia in a kind of flat bed/ger hybrid contraption. Maybe these ones aren't so strange... I need to lie down, I need to travel...my subconscious mind tries to find me a way... In the latest one I was accompanying my mother to a job interview she had in London and then helping her choose somewhere for lunch. This is stranger...companionable activities with my mother were very few and far between when she was alive and I never remember dreaming up one before.

I give thanks for waking up in the night and hearing the guinea pigs...

I give thanks for the beautiful dawn this morning... I love the various arrays of colours in their displays. For two magpies swooping past the window when I opened the kitchen blind, swiftly followed by another (chasing their joy?) making me laugh aloud...and for later coming across a gathering of them in a tree, jostling and changing places so hard to count for sure, seven for certain...maybe eight or nine.

I give thanks for finally choosing something I wanted to wear - an embarrassingly first world problem, I know, but my thirst for the social world is minimal just now and I find it helps to contrive the what feels like the right shell to peep out from.

I give thanks for making it to the knitting circle and for it being a companionable affair. For Linda kindly offering a lift home and a useful wait in Waitrose while she fetched the car...for bargains including a less than half price half Reblochon cheese...which no one else seemed to have heard of, so maybe that's why!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics