Tuesday 10 November 2015

Lost joys

Hmm...I find another batch of blog posts have gone missing. How can this be? I'm grateful I diligently post daily links on Facebook - however exasperating for non-following friends on Facebook (and blog followers who are not!) - so I can prove they existed, though why I think I need to prove it and to whom I'm not entirely sure! I give thanks for knowing nothing lasts for ever, though maybe vanity endures awhile...

I give thanks for thoughtful virtual words from various folk and tangible gifts of home made food from Rachel, with an extra long treatment to wake up my appetite a bit. The courgette and brie soup was particularly successful! I give thanks for a jolly Tesco driver bringing me some essentials and, as I failed to need enough to make up the minimum spend, a selection of foodbank donations too.

I give thanks for looking for a photo to add (soup is not especially scenic!) and finding this one from last week again and remembering I keep forgetting! There's an explanation below if you too have not encountered this before.


http://weburbanist.com/2011/12/07/marvelous-mystery-of-britains-money-trees/

I give thanks that though I still feel remarkably unmoved to move around at all, I am managing to do so and not feeling appreciably the worse for it. 

I give thanks for being sent a lovely love poem, not inspired by me you understand...but moving and inspiring me to unconditional joy for writer and intended.

I give thanks for probably the greatest and rarest joy possible for me just now - a day without anyone overhead or overheard elsewhere around and about. And thus I can also give thanks for watching a whole episode of Fargo without the need for headphones, enjoying the last few pages of a book I'd been saving without the need for earplugs...and a song I was writing becoming less undone without the need for permanent pianissimo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics