Tuesday 17 November 2015

Perfect playing field

I give thanks that combining the most unlikely (but most readily available) ingredients for tea yesterday made such a tasty meal. I give thanks I made most of it earlier so before Rachel came to help eat it I could persevere with remembering how to play a pleasing (to me) little guitar riff. I give thanks for Rachel saying she could hear music when she came in! I give thanks for remembering these gratitudes during the many complaints my arm has made about it since...

I give thanks for an invigorating treatment...and some interesting insights into a situation I hadn't thought of myself. For the joy of singing in harmony with others, and a particularly harmonious choir practice with much diverting humour among the diverse ranks, spontaneous applause and delicious cake...

I give for opening the fridge for milk for my morning cuppa vaguely wondering what I'd do with the spicy fajita for two kit they gave me at Trago to make up for the machine taking so long to process my train ticket request...and then of course remembering that this was just another dream! 

I give thanks for another quiet day in neighbouring dwellings, another day feeling well enough to get on with some of the many things left undone when I didn't...

I give thanks for a small solitary schoolboy wishing me 'Good afternoon' as he walked up the hill, the lights twinkling on on the ships that park in the night, and the twittering wagtail mayhem in their perching tree as I waited for a cab under the darkening blue of the sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics