Monday 9 November 2015

Plus ça change

I'm grateful I dressed for dinner last night...not dressing up you understand, just getting out of the dressing gown! No matter how invalid I feel I hate to feel invalid...

I give thanks for more entertaining dreams - my subconscious can't tell a full stop from a comma it seems... Or perhaps it was spending the evening catching up with First Dates.  All aspects of human frailty and fancy are there folks so give up your counselling sessions and your psychology degrees, curl up on the sofa...and watch everyone else doing whatever you've ever done wrong and learn!

Awake early this morning, I was so grateful I opened my eyes in time to the golden dawn... and thus all the other colours the sky and all light things became tinted after that! I'm grateful to be reminded there are some aspects of living here that are sublime.


I'm grateful for wandering around the internet a while, looking at all the fun things people were doing, and all the useful things, and feeling thoroughly pointless and miserable before finding this and reminding myself I am useful - I remind people of things!

"One mistake people often make when they take up the practice of mindfulness is that they form a false image of it. They think that being mindful means not being afraid, that it means being calm and at peace at all times. For me living in mindfulness means that I can live peacefully in non peace, that I can accept the reality of non calm. If I can look deeply into the nature of myself and touch my suffering, I can learn to live with my fear, my doubts, my insecurity, my confusion, my anger. My task is to dwell in these places like still water." Claude AnShin Thomas
From “At Hell’s Gate: A Soldier’s Journey from War to Peace” 

I'm not grateful for accidentally deleting a blog post from a couple of days ago...touch screens are all very well but you do have to pay attention to what you're touching! But coincidentally I also found a list of five things I was grateful for during a solitary trip to Northern Spain around fourteen years ago! Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics