Saturday 7 November 2015

Mega hurts

I'm grateful I've learned not to ask for help - it's all fine and dandy if you ask and it's given unto you but if you ask and it's not, managing without it seems far harder somehow. I'm grateful I've learnt where at all possible not to express myself apart from by means of gratitude, philosophy, humour and musings on how 'interesting' life is sometimes...So I'm particularly grateful to Laura for phoning me mid weep last night and knowing me well enough to understand if I'm doing the latter I probably need the former quite a lot!

I'm grateful to her for offering to pick up an urgent prescription from town and bringing me a pint of milk, some flowers and a Danish pastry... and on hearing the poignant story of how I came to discover I could play the guitar again offering to put the new strings I'd bought on mine. I'm grateful you can go to Youtube for the correct pitches for tuning.

I'm grateful I'm not in a lot of physical pain, and actually I'm grateful I feel quite limp and ill because it makes it easier to lie down and rest...being a still springy chicken stuck in an ever more couch potato body does feel like a fate worse than sometimes... (May all you get up and goers go swiftly at the end and not mingingly linger wondering if you can summon the energy to beat yourself about the head with the TV remote control!) I'm grateful for peace to hear the small birds singing...and to sleep with enchanting impossible dreams...

I give thanks for listening to the wild wind and rain and watching the scudding clouds in the blue sky after. I give thanks to Liz for telling me there's a webcam at the Coastwatch lookout here so I can see surf from the sofa. I give thanks to Laura's coming back in a bit to take me to see the local fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics