Monday 23 November 2015

Respect to the sun

I give thanks for the refreshment to my being of being alone in my flat for an hour or so yesterday evening. I'm pretty much always technically alone in my flat you understand, but when I can constantly hear other people almost as loud as if they were too (and vice versa) it doesn't feel like it... It coincided with a period of feeling quite well and energetic - or maybe coincidence has nothing to do with it at all...

I give thanks for doing some seated Shibashi with the tattooed and tranquil John Clare (via Youtube - he didn't just pop by!) This made me really want to go swimming for some reason...but as I don't have a pop up swimming pool either, I'm grateful for coming up with the idea of doing some Shiatsu stretches instead. I give thanks I know it's vain, but I still give thanks that I can still bend in places many women my age don't even have places any more...and put it down to the fact that I started most days doing these exercises for twenty five years or so... even though I do them less than five times a year now! After the Shiatsu I used to usually do a few rounds of a well known yoga sequence...which I haven't attempted since a blissful brief gap in the external plumbing arrangements as the positions aren't really designed with those in mind. So of course I sat on the sofa for a bit thinking about that before I gave in and gave it a go as well. With respect to the sun (in joke for South Devon choristers) it probably didn't look much like an act of worship, but with respect to me - you go girl, there's life in your old dog yet!

I give thanks that Dominic is over his cold and there wasn't a severe frost last night so Jenny could offer me a lift to the library today - the previous paragraph notwithstanding, some days it still feels it would be more merciful to have me put down!

I give thanks for the character of Saga Noren making me feel normal...I think this is meant to happen by me thinking I'm not like her but it works the other way with me as well. And yes I wouldn't say no to a classic Porsche...one of the many reasons I never learnt to drive was the realisation if I could ever afford a car it wouldn't be one I'd want to...And now it would have to be disability adapted? I refer you to the previous paragraph again...

I give thanks for a catch up with the knitters, especially Dorothy who I've not seen for a while. I give thanks for her idea of inviting Biddy's daughter Julie to our pre Christmas session...and that, after seeing on Facebook she and Daniel Craig are an item, thinking to say she could bring him too. I got the impression my companions seemed keen to consider measuring him up for something cosy... And no I wouldn't but I'll be happy for an extra slice of cake if while they're busy ...

I give thanks for my cosy scruffy charity shop coat...and finding in the bottom of the pocket a little seed bead ring. There's many reasons I don't wear rings, and one of them is that they rarely fit my bony fingers or look right on my scruffy hands. This one is enchantingly fine...and no, I'm not taking it back to the shop...I had enough trouble buying the coat at the price it was marked at! I give thanks for my best attempt yet at catching the gold pre sunset light on the tree outside my window....that's precious enough for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics