Friday 27 November 2015

Not going too Fargo

In the wee small hours this morning, wryly reflecting on how much better I'd have felt if I hadn't hoped I'd go to sleep, I remembered to be grateful I didn't become a Buddhist nun - an idea which appealed in my forties - I'm far too much of a wuss for all that discipline these days! 

I give thanks for the early sunlight on the sea and the increasing murkiness and wind later on. For Bob sharing a picture of Christmas lights like sparkly pants and Gary one of Red Arrows pilots knitting. I was particularly grateful to see other women commenting on how cute men look when they are concentrating...I thought that was just my own little predilection! Add reading glasses and it'd be even better...though possibly worrying if it's a pilot..

I give thanks for my homely comforts, and for trying to enjoy them gratefully instead of wishing to go too far. I'm grateful for trying to get in touch with my inner couch potato and rest, though I still struggle to get my body to do it let alone my mind...and have to exercise my mind to come up with little tricks to play on myself to make it happen which relieves the boredom a little. I'm grateful for rising late and making a feast of pancakes with lemon and sugar so that going back to bed to digest them was OK.

I'm grateful for a saved episode of fabulous Fargo - so absorbing I had no trouble at just sitting totally still while that was on, apart from laughter and exclamations! And for catching the final games of a gripping Davis Cup match...as above, only possibly louder!

I'm grateful I've got a cab coming to take me to listen to a phlebotomist in a bit. Yes I do mean to listen to...and I do mean a plebotomist... Science cafe with Mima. If I have to sit in front of the TV a moment longer I'll disappear into the screen like the little bright dot in the middle of a valve one after you turn it off...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics