Sunday 24 March 2019

Sixty-three

Mmm...I give thanks for another reasonable night's sleep. That's two in a row! For the bliss of having a morning cup of tea brought to me in bed. For clean sheets and a turned mattress - so much easier with three pairs of hands, though I let John and Jo do the duvet cover themselves. Years of co-operative marriage mean they have this process down to a fine art. Poetry in motion it was!

I give thanks for finding the chap on the Internet had picked up the empty box from down by the bins as he said he would. I'd a couple more ready to go so I messaged him on the off chance he'd like those too and he whisked them off from the doorstep as well with no face to face interaction required. Ideal!

I give thanks for glorious spring weather today and a trip up to glories of the moor for yummy toasted brie and cranberry sandwich and potter about admiring views and local crafts and ponies. For a drive down one of my most favourite lanes with picture box cottage on a sunny bend surrounded by flowering trees and shrubs. For the lovely company and interesting conversation, and for the great kindness and thoughtfulness of my companions who fetched and carried and cooked and hoovered and treated me. For a little nap on the sofa after they'd gone - it's been fun but it's been tiring!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics