Monday 4 March 2019

Forty-three

I give thanks for feeling better this afternoon than I did in the night when my back gave me a horrid fright producing sciatica symptom all down from my bum to my knee! I was awake for hours with the pain and I gave thanks for no neighbours close beside or above me so I didn't have to worry about waking them too. I give thanks for tea and toast in the very early morning and the internet entertaining me.

I was still in discomfort shuffling and stumbling about when I finally got going, so I was grateful for a bus going up the hill to the surgery to pick up a prescription and book a blood test. The receptionist assured me she'd booked a good 'un with a syringe. I do hope that turns out to be the case!

I give thanks for remembering to take a pen and a stamp so I could buy a birthday card that needed sending. I was racking my brains where to write it on a blustery showery day and for thinking of a church that has a cafe. Mug of tea for 80p with a free biscuit - you can't complain even if you're on a budget! I was a bit disconcerted when a lot of Hallelujahs started just as I went to sit down, and even more so when a godly looking type headed for my table, but she merely explained it was a monday morning club for the disabled and then I enjoyed it, especially This Little Light of  Mine - I love that song as clearly did everyone else.

I give thanks contacting the Kidneycare advocate to see if she can help with benefits issues, and she has said she'll see if she can.

I give thanks for finding this on line last night. Sounds a fascinating chap!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-47318521#

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics