Sunday 10 March 2019

Forty-nine

I give thanks for ignoring my messages yesterday. I'd a feeling they'd be bad news about my blood tests and as I was feeling quite well and comfortable I didn't want to spoil the illusion. Then today... wondering what to have for lunch, I figured better see if I need to be extra careful with my diet in case they want to test me again, and gave in and listened to a summons to call the hospital asap. Sigh!

I give thanks I did...and for accepting I'm reaching the stage when, feeling well or not, I have to start my treatment. It's understandable to want more time, but I've had a lot more than could reasonably be expected and I'm grateful for that. I give thanks that at least they don't want me in today...and Jan and I are making contingency arrangements for our upcoming trip. I give thanks I'm determined we're having that no matter what!

I give thanks for pottering about with home making in between resting the pain this afternoon - some sewing of kitchen curtains and finishing off the bedroom furniture as far as I can go without help. I'd been hoping for a bit of that this weekend but it wasn't meant to be so I give thanks for my resourcefulness and perseverence...and philosophical acceptance of failure. Yes, it would be better if, having managed finally to get one curtain up to check the length I could now get it down again but it's not going to happen today - and probably not tomorrow either so it will just have to dangle there and I will just have to put up with it!

I give thanks for the warm sunshine drying the washing for free and for the recently ended series of Endeavour set in the 70s, which I enjoyed on many levels.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics