Tuesday 12 March 2019

Fifty-one

I give thanks for immigration. Forget the politics, and ignore the communal illusion of borders, but without people from India, Poland and Bangladesh (and they were just the ones I asked) I might not have made it through another day. Apparently the levels of toxins in my blood had reached the stage when I could have seizures and even I, years accustomed to the knowledge I might keel over or slip away any time, could see that could get messy pretty quickly...

So I was awake a long time last night being grateful and today I'm very tired! I give thanks it was Rachel's turn to cook tea and because it was our birthday get together there were flap jacks for afters too. I give thanks for my present from her of a book of really excellent poetry and mine to hers of a 'magic tinkly thing' which we played with on and off all evening bathing in its exquisite sounds and which she has promised to bring back for visits now and then. I give thanks for her saying she'd missed me. That's not something I hear a lot!

I give thanks that she washed up afterwards, and after a valiant struggle unstuck my stuck drawer and swapped the chests over again so the right one is on top. She couldn't manage to move the wardrobe by herself though, but I think I've thought of the right people to badger for that :-)

Today I give thanks for feeling I richly deserved much lolling about on the sofa...but sadly when I went to make my lunch I realised I'd put off cleaning the oven so long everything was getting smoked, plus there were prescriptions to collect and foods to find my left hand can feed me during treatment and various correspondence to sort out and now I've got to the lolling I'm almost too exhausted to enjoy it! I give thanks for the fabulous sunshine after all that wind and rain...for all the different colours the sea has been as the storm passed by.


* a koshi fire chime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p6PIh1V4tQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics