Sunday 31 March 2019

Seventy

I give thanks for breakfast in bed and afternoon tea in the bath! Of course I had to serve myself but I made particularly delicious porridge and used some of a Lush bomb I'd bought myself so I felt pampered for Mother's Day. For lots of reading books and catching up with TV since I came home yesterday, and for murkier weather so I didn't feel the need to be outdoors today and could potter about in my dressing gown.

I give thanks for many little forays from mattress and sofa to get on with preparing for an early dialysis session tomorrow morning, Jan's arrival early Monday afternoon and our joint departure on Tues lunchtime for our little holiday. For lots of cooking and packing and so on done...and for not too much more to do tonight. I give thanks for readers who refrain from telling me to leave unnecessary tasks - trust me I only do the ones that seem necessary to me, those which keep me nourished and hygenic, give me comfort, ease of living, pleasure and satisfaction...in pretty much that order too!

I give thanks for my £7 'Pound'land jeggings - don't knock it til you've tried it (on) which you can't do in the shop unfortunately.  Mine were perfect fit though - get on!

For the rather gripping Father, Mother, Son which I only meant to watch a few minutes of to see if Richard could possibly be still hot at 70 (he can!) but which drew me in, and for shocking investigation into the investigation the Yorkshire Ripper murders in which the institutionalised misogyny and dinosaur brained attitudes of the police made them more or less accessories to the later crimes. For women everywhere who did (and still do) their bit to rage against the cage of male hegemony, even if its only raising sensible sons. Oh and I give thanks for mine sending me sweet treats not too injurious to my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics