Wednesday 13 March 2019

Fifty-two

I give thanks for getting my second wind last night and getting a few more day to day chores done. No energy left to cook though so I give thanks for having a really  renally unfriendly ready meal to succomb to. My goodness it tasted good!

I give thanks for watching Torvill and Dean perform in the Dancing on Ice Final - still stunning skaters in their sixties! Made me extra aware of what a cripple I am...but so beautiful to watch.

I give thanks for some sleeps bookending a long night staring into the abyss and fiddling with uncooperative drainage tubing. You wouldn't think my stoma would be working if my kidney isn't, but the universe has no regard for 'fairness' and I can fret all I like but the welfare system, having decided I'm too wealthy for one benefit, has now begun the process of trying to prove I'm too healthy for another!

I give thanks for getting up and doing housework so there'd be some cleanliness and order to come home to, and making some lunch to take and making it through another less than lovely afternoon. I don't actually find the treatment hard but the beds are uncomfy when you can't change position and my fistula arm gets bruised and sore while my left one just wears out with the effort of doing everything else... I give thanks I know it's for my own good, and hopefully will get easier in time. For knowing I'm moaning and it's time to stop...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics