Thursday 14 March 2019

Fifty-three

So I lay in bed this morning and I thought... I give thanks I know it's OK to feel sorry for myself.  I'm a compassionate soul, I often feel sorry for others and it's hard to be so utterly exhausted and have so much I can't not do - not dusting or making curtains, but simply putting a dressing gown on and making a cup of tea! If Cathy and Colin hadn't been due to come round I'd have stayed in bed but it was good really to have something to force me to get up and get on with stuff, although I'm such a zombi I didn't get on with much. I give thanks for their company and all their help with so many jobs from putting up a curtain pole to cleaning the oven rack - they are so kind! One of the things they did was move the wardrobe from the spare room to my bedroom where I'm grateful to report it looks pretty good though still largely empty of clothing as I ran out of steam this afternoon and just lay about being weepy and wan before having another go at the callous DWP.

I give thanks for starting making some food for tomorrow's tea as I can see I'm going to need to cater in advance if I'm going to eat well. Sadly I got distracted stewing some apples so I now have another saucepan to scrub - but they want to change my dialysis slots from next week so I need to leave at 8.15 so I had to at least try to change their minds and though I didn't get far it took a long time not getting there! I give thanks Cathy helped me choose a nice tin of fruit in the Co-op earlier so I could have some of that instead. I give thanks for reminding myself of all the seemingly insurmountable challenges I've overcome in life. It's just another hard day in the office - I'll get through it somehow I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics