Friday 8 March 2019

Forty-seven

I give thanks I went to the gong bath last night. Very relaxing and calming to my aches and pains.

I give thanks for braving my first blood test at the new surgery today... and as I didn't feel strong enough to walk up there, for braving my first taxi ride here too! After the gongs I felt like staying late in bed so it was a mad dash to find some clothes with easy access to the few usable places and then get the anaesthetic cream over as many of them as possible before struggling and failing to get cling film off the roll and round my arm. I give thanks after hurling the contents of drawers about I found a couple of adhesive film dressings... and that the blood gatherer was thoughtful and gave up after the first unsuccessful attempt with standard equipment, getting something more delicate and someone to help her use it in one of the deadened spots.

I give thanks for a nap on the sofa after all that drama, under piles of throws to combat the draughty day. I give thanks earlier in the week I arranged to go out this evening before I knew what a chilly damp evening it would be and how unappealing leaving the sofa again would seem!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics