Tuesday 26 March 2019

Sixty-five

I give thanks for my microwave and something to put in it for my tea last night. For eating alone so I could lift the plate up to my mouth and shovel - the least painful way to get food in. For the internet delivering an episode of celebrity Stand Up to Cancer Bake Off to cheer me up, and for fast forwarding through the stories which I knew would not. For an early night and lots of sleep.

I give thanks for a taking it slowly this morning. For crumpets with lemon curd for breakfast and leftover bits for lunch so no preparation required and not much clearing up after. For calling the dialysis schedule lady about something else and hearing that I am now officially down on the list for a slot at the place I want to have treatment. Want being a relative term of course!

I give thanks for, eventually, getting outdoors on this lovely day. For Mima driving me up the road to get prescriptions and then out to the Warren for tea and cake in the sunshine and a look at the sparkly sea creeping up onto the sand in tiny waves. For help getting shopping etc in town here afterwards and for making progress on various stages cooking tea when I got home after, before and in between resting on the sofa. I did more moving around today than I've done for quite a few weeks and various body parts are complaining. Worth it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics