Wednesday 6 March 2019

Forty-five

The pain's a pain and I give thanks for dealing with it as best I can mostly by withdrawing into my own little world inside my head. I give thanks not having neighbours above my head helps a lot with this - though I'm sure an eagle has landed on my roof a few times! I do wonder if being rather tuned out increases my clumsiness though as the usual rain of pens, pills, cutlery and keys that punctuate my days have been augmented by stumbling over thin air and some more heavy duty dropping. I give thanks the cup of tea that jumped out of my hand yesterday was chamomile so it didn't stain, and for being so hungry I didn't mind unidentified bits in the sandwich I had to pick up and reassemble after it landed on an unvaccuumed floor. Today I was so delighted to finally find some of the kefir I like after several supermarkets were without, but then missed my shoulder trying to put the bag on it, so it exploded on the floor and had to carry a puddle of goo home to clean up. I'm not supposed to have a lot of kefir so I guess I should be grateful for nature's way of rationing it, though now I've heard the supermarket is closing down and that seems unnecessarily mean!

I give thanks for many micronaps to keep myself going today, both on the bus and on the sofa since I got home. For not getting wet despite some serious downpours. For soothing music on my headphones in transit and lots of catch up TV to loll with now I'm still. For some leftovers for my tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics