Tuesday 5 March 2019

Forty-four

Yay! I give thanks for a good night's sleep! Did I wake up refreshed and ready to go? Haha, no, I woke up ready for more... I give thanks for plans for today that could be abandoned as I was too tired and sore even to go to the shops and tip in Mima's car.

I was too tired and sore to get properly dressed as well but hey, I managed to cook and eat pancakes, that's the main thing isn't it? And the weather was not very clement so a good day for staying indoors. I give thanks for watching day trippers scurrying back to their coach between the rain and for hoping they enjoyed their visit.

I give thanks for doing pretty much nothing else this morning...plus some curtain pinning and machining before my hand started to into spasm this afternoon. For making a cup of tea before it completely locked up. For more brief but encouraging chat from our lovely South West kidney advocate, and a couple of assorted friends and rellies. For hearing about this miracle of music posted on Facebook by my cousin Tamsin https://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/news/teacher-unable-to-speak-sings-perfectly-200074/
which is remarkable in itself, but which also reminded me of the amazing restorative powers of Mr Dekker's Israelites (or Israeli tea as my autocorrect calls it). I've always said you should play it to me if I'm in a coma and I'll twitch in time if not actually get up and dance so I tried it today when I'm hardly moving at all and yes there was some pleasant involuntary rhythmic movement of extremities! I should have put Michael Buble on - I'd have got up and left the room!

I give thanks for hearing they've made a booklet of entries of that poetry comp last year. I often feel a rather pointless being and I give thanks for being reminded sometimes people like what I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics