Saturday 16 March 2019

Fifty-five

I give thanks for being helpful to an old friend in need of someone to share something with when sleeplessness took me to Messenger in the early hours of morning. For remembering to remind myself it could have been worse when a urological mishap marred the start of my day later on.

For managing (just) to keep my balance in the strong gusts of wind and not faint though I felt very weak and wobbly and fuzzy headed as I stumbled about. I give thanks for getting some essentials, and some non-essentials too! I've been so worried about finances lately but last night's conversation reminded life is short and unpredictable and as I've escaped death by the skin of my teeth again this week, as long as I'm not borrowing money spending some in my borrowed time is not a bad idea if it gives me some comfort and joy. I give thanks for shamelessly playing the sympathy vote in a second hand shop and blagging money off a little marble topped French cold safe that will make a great side table... and free delivery too!

I give thanks for fluffy white wave tops on ice blue sea and primroses on the banks beside the road. For hours on the sofa this afternoon resting my many sore bits, rising now and again for minimal attention to donestic chores and fetching light refreshments including a Luders's mini lemon meringue pie. I might have bought a large one if I'd realised quite how delicious they are!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics