Saturday 23 March 2019

Sixty-two

Woohoo! I give great thanks for finally finding out who is responsible for maintenance and repairs here as I was being passed to and fro between the people I believed were and getting nowhere. I'm also grateful they seem to be making the right noises!

I give thanks the pre-cooked tea I had prepared for yesterday was a not too saucy microwavable pasta as I couldn't have chopped, cut or stirred anything to save my life! My right arm was too sore to bend a spoon to my mouth so I'm grateful my left hand made a messy but ultimately successful attempt at it!

I'm grateful for a reasonable amount of sleep, in between not too distressingly long patches of pain and wakefulness. For reminding myself again and again that stressing over money will not make it grow. If the government wishes me to starve so be it, but by hook or by crook I'm determined not to lose my lovely comfortable and comforting flat! For waking up early enough to chop and cut and stir the ingredients to go in the slow cooker for a stew for lunch with my friends. For my arm hurting a bit less and, though my hands started complaining, I could have a soothing bath and ignore them!

I give thanks for the stew turning out really rather good, especially since I've never made one like it before, made up the recipe and, as a special treat to my oldest friends in gratitude for 40 years of veggie food cooked for me, included organic chicken! I give thanks for going out for delicious cakes for afters via cute ducklings and a scary missed call from the hospital. When I listened to the voicemail I was grateful this was to ask me if I'd mind going to a satellite unit for my treatment on Monday as they have some ill people who need to come from there to the acute ward. Now having just begun to get the hang of things there actually I do mind but I'm aware and very grateful it means they think I'm stable and doing well...and even more so that I managed to change a morning slot to an afternoon one!

I give thanks rumour has it I'll be having my tea cooked in a bit :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics