Wednesday 20 March 2019

Fifty-nine

Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz? No, sorry, but you can travel to hospital in one of their executive range this afternoon. Very nice! I give thanks for getting to ride in so many cars, some of them certainly above your average taxi standard. And that the company now has the right address - though of course that doesn't mean they can find it...or will attend the premises at the correct time. When my door buzzer went not long enough after I'd fallen asleep again after a horrid night I give thanks I thought about all the things it could be and decided none of them mattered and dropped off again. It was only when I woke up properly and looked at the missed calls and messages on my phone I realised it was the wrongly timed car I had been assured twice had been cancelled.

Hmm what else do I find good about the treatment? Having the other needly things, blood tests and intravenous supplements going through the machine is a bit of a relief I am grateful for. Oh and I like someone coming and asking if you'd like a cup of tea and a little snack! Apart from that...Hmmm. At the moment the worst part is that it exacerbates 'restless legs syndrome' which I have suffered from mildly and infrequently in recent years in more body parts than the name suggests. Last night I spent a lot of it standing up as sitting or lying down trying to sleep was so uncomfortable. I give thanks for a long early evening meditate (lying down) before the trouble started, and for thinking the many hours of nocturnal wakefulness would mean I could snooze during my treatment today but instead I got another attack of the wriggles and an unhelpful machine that started bleeping when ever I was still. I give thanks for the most untalkative driver later so I could catch a few zzz's on the ride home and an hour unconscious on the sofa before I went to heat up my tea. Mmm...I've just remembered there are seconds. I certainly give thanks for that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics