Sunday 14 April 2019

Eighty-four

Dreams can come true but sometimes I give thanks for the ones that can't. Last night I dreamt I had a rewarding, fascinating, worthwhile career and was just discovering a colleague I was sweet on felt the same way about me. Can you imagine how good this was? Or maybe if you don't have to, can you imagine how precious it was for me to have a sense of that for a little while in my sleep? I give thanks for my subconscious for occasionally giving me this kind of treat, but the downside of when it does is that all the pleasure receptors in my brain become like little sea anenomes franctically waving their tentacles to search for more morsels of sustenance. It can take them a long time to settle down to normal levels of stimulation afterwards so last night I'm glad I remembered to give thanks I didn't actually have loving arms wrapped around me, or need to be up in the morning to do a valuable job but could get up in the night and make a cup of rooibosch tea and play pointless games on my tablet!

I also gave thanks for my spare room and bed, as after unscrewing the old curtain rail fittings and removing the temporary wire hooked on to them and 'curtain', I got stuck on getting the rawlplugs out and my body began to make it clear I needed to stop immediately I would suffer for it, so I could leave the untidiness and undressed window and snuggle up cosy in there.

Today I've been grateful for a long lie in, getting some more benefit related typing done, and after making some nice things to eat, and another small attempt at diy, for my right hand going into very painful spasm while my knees complained loudly about the step stool use so I could give up trying to do anything else and just snooze on the sofa with paracetamol, blanket and remote control...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics