Wednesday 3 April 2019

Seventy-three

I give thanks for my cups of tea brought to me in the morning. There are lots of things I like about my trips with Jan but often these are particularly welcome as I tend to walk further when I'm with someone who helps me forget I shouldn't and the joints are quick to remind me over night. My hips and knees were already complaining yesterday but this time pulling my little suitcase along, and other activities meant pretty much all of them hurt terribly and I was grateful for seperate rooms so all the grunting and groaning didn't wake her up.

I give thanks when she was reading a book yesterday evening I took a look at the jigsaws here and decided, rashly, to start a 1000 piecer and see if I could finish it before we got home. 'Do you like doing jigsaws?' I called to her in the other room. 'Oh yes, I love them', she replied, 'Are you one of those people who hate other people joining in?' Oh, no, I said, I love doing them with other people. Cue, a contented couple of hours quiet entertainment, though of course it made my fingers and thumbs seize up and wrists and knuckles sore...I give thanks for managing to eat vegan croissants and blackcurrant jam nonetheless.


I give thanks for more jigsawing today in between dodging the showers, rather nice things to eat, and a much needed siesta for me. The restaurant we first thought of has, rather I considerately, closed for refurbishment since we originally looked at their website, and our second choice for brunch had the doors wide open to the wind terrace when we arrived, so I give thanks for finding the little mostly veggie cafe across the road most welcoming and with very good food. So good we went back later. And have also found a Thai restaurant just a few doors away from here...

I give thanks for the DWP sending me a text to remind me I still haven't returned my PIP application (which only arrived 10 days ago and isn't due back for 10 more) threatening me with chopping off more benefit if I don't. What a shame I can't send text reminders to them about the paperwork I sent them more than two months ago and threaten them with what? Selling my body on street corners (for medical science) I give thanks someone is due to physically fill in the form for me next week as I cannot write that much

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics