Thursday 11 April 2019

Eighty-one

Blimey O'Reilly, it don't get any easier does it? I give thanks for perseverance and a busy, though largely unproductive morning in the office which started at 8.30 am after the window fitters did a knock and run! I give thanks that mix up was soon resolved...and after a chilly and noisy few hours I have three new windows potentially  making the place warmer and quieter. I also give thanks for there being some marks on the inside of one of the panes which will need replacing as this means I can delay paying the balance until it's done.

I give thanks also for the transport co-ordinator at the hospital assuring me she will see if the Council can pass on my correct address to the taxi firm, and arrange a more suitable pick up time. As for the benefits office and Solarplicity...well after a half hour wait that was cut off, plus a further forty five mins on the phone to the first I was advised the reason I didn't get the call back as agreed on Friday was that the decision makers could take as long as they liked over a query like mine and there was nothing I could do but keep pleading! As for the second, they seem to have a seemingly limitless supply of reasons why they cannot accept a meter reading from me but hey ho, by the time (if such a time comes) this is sorted out my PIP application will (I am assured) have failed,  and if my ESA has not been re-instated I won't be able to pay the bill anyway!  Although this is an undeniably stressful situation, I give thanks it is so all so ludicrously unreasonable I couldn't help but chuckle at the sheer futility of my feeble efforts at reaching solutions and, as the kitchen is under dustsheets, took myself off for brunch in a cafe while my prescriptions were being made up and there's stil a few quid in my purse.

I give thanks for a nap under the duvet in the spare room when the fitters had finished and the rest of the flat was still chilly from all the extra fresh air. In an ideal world I'd be filling and painting the reveals and sills before someone puts the curtains and blinds up but I'm wiped out this afternoon and my hands are very sore so I give thanks I've not arranged anyone to help me before I've had a chance to help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics