Sunday 28 April 2019

Ninety-eight

I give thanks for being able to stay in bed late this morning after sleep disturbed by various aching body parts joints. For loud music at a nearby venue eventually getting me partially up and about, and for my earplugs which drowned out that out and also helped me focus on dealing with letters and forms that needed my attention.

I give thanks the music stopped around the time I finished with those so I could have a quiet lunch without the sound of my own chomping extra noisy in my stopped up ears. For finding a pot of forgotten hummus buried in the freezer yesterday for this... For slowly getting myself together to go out as the paperwork needed posting. My right arm and my left knee have been particularly sore so this was a delicate process...and thus for vintage cars on the grass and ducklings on the water to take my mind off the pain. For a catalogue parcel ready to collect at a friendly convenience store, and for its contents being very suitable for my requirements. I give thanks Laura has suddenly decided I can come to her wedding (maybe someone dropped out) but it's in less than two weeks and though I'm sure I can find something pretty to wear I completely lack shoes and a jacket that if not 'smart' could at least be described as tidy so a La Redoute sale was a good place to find some...

I give thanks for completing a few non-negotiable tasks like preparing food, washing up and laundry, a couple of non-essential but preferable ones like finding homes for things, and a bit of delicious inactivity reading Lucy Worsley's interesting history book and watching Top of the Lake on Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics