Thursday 18 April 2019

Eighty-eight

Just before I went to for a pre-bedtime sleep yesterday evening (not long after writing my blog) I gave thanks for remembering a couple of other things I'd been grateful for during the day - for turning my much too early arrival at the hospital (transport having been rescheduled) to a sit in the sunshine on the seat outside enjoying two hands to eat some of my lunch with, plus biting the bullet and going to order a full size can of that emulsion for my bedroom (before they discontinue it or something) and finding it's currently on sale.

I gave thanks for my sleep too, and felt better after waking than I did when I dropped off but still not right and several not very grateful hours followed before managing to drop off again. Today I feel like one of those 'zombie pigs' in the news, where partial post mortem brain activity has been restored. It's life Jim, but not as we know it!

So, lacking in energy and motivation, I give thanks my plans for a little R&R today could be shelved and I could concentrate mostly on the rest bit.  I do find it hard to relax properly with all the unwashed dishes, unfinished paperwork, mucky floors etc and I give thanks for some half hearted attempts at moving stuff from one place to another (otherwise known as tidying) and working on turning my gobbledook notes into a 'day diary' of how my health problems affect my life in reference to PIP descriptors. I also give thanks for deciding as I had to go down to check the mail I should at least step outside the door and get a breath of fresh air - which was very pleasant although the crowds were too much to cope with for long. Oh and for finding the second hand White Stuff tunic I won on eBay had arrived and is nice if rather overpriced for its condition - rather like its new owner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics