Monday 22 April 2019

Ninety-two

I give thanks for a good day at the office! The taxi driver was a little late picking me up but he's the chap with fab car and is an interesting conversationalist so I didn't mind, especially as the reason he was delayed was a huge queue of caravans and lorries slow moving on usual route so we went a different way to the hospital. I love a bit of variety so this was great for me anyway, but also it took in favourite roads from various stages of my life in this area so I could see more beautiful trees, and also what was the same and what had changed in the city.

I give thanks for another mellow Bank Holiday on the ward. For the slow careful way a fairly newly qualified nurse set me up on the machine, and for a good chat while he did it. I asked what a part of it was and he explained it was the 'kidney' and contained a multitude of tiny tubes the blood went down while the liquid that cleans it swirls around. This is on a tiny scale, and as he wasn't in a rush he went and got a cut open one for me to see - fascinating!


I give thanks the time passed quite quickly for once, but I still managed to fit in a mini doze, a massive packed lunch plus the tea and biscuits they bring you, some catch up TV and a few pages of an e-book...although, hmmm...that might have been why time sped by! For another nice male nurse taking me off the machine very efficiently with more worthwhile discussion, and then another taxi driver I've met before who is good to talk with bringing me home. I do find it quite hard going being with people whether I want to or not for six hour stretches at a time, but if they are good company it does make it a lot easier!

I give thanks for tea mostly of lush leftovers from last night as my arm is still seriously painful (it's been checked out and seems OK to the staff)...oooh and lots of TV channels to choose from as I wind down and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics