Thursday 4 April 2019

Seventy-four

I give thanks we've been lucky with the weather. It stayed dry for going to the restaurant and back last night but was poor enough for us to be the first to arrive and thus get served with delicious Thai tofu meals very quickly! Today the wind blew most of the rain away by late morning but nearly blew us with it when we ventured out for brunch but this meant we brought back appropriately filled pasties and a lovely fresh couscous salad for lunch followed by munching various snacks and treats while jigsawing before a siesta - an unusually relaxed and appreciated afternoon for both of us. Holidays don't have to be about doing things.

I give thanks though the pain in my joints lingered all day yesterday and through the night today it's eased off somewhat which makes for better mood and movement.

I give thanks for popping into the office to answer a voicemail with one of my own...and waking up from my snooze just in time to take a call back from Lynn, the very approachable stoma nurse who has said she'll send me some 'supporting evidence' for my PIP application. For remembering the restaurant we went to last night was a cafe during the day so we only had a few steps for reviving hot drinks before battling to finish the puzzle which was one of those where the wrong pieces fit just as well as the right. Phew! All done except the bit that was missing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics