Friday 26 April 2019

Ninety-six

I give thanks for feeling human for two days in a row! I passed the consultant in a corridor earlier and she said I was looking better too... I know no chickens should be counted, but I'm grateful for the sensation I might be beginning to crack this thing...

I give thanks thus today has not been all about dialysis, but I managed to fit in a call to the podiatry team as well. Hmm...at least I got through this time and was able to make an appointment to be reassessed for toenail surgery following my change in circumstances...

I give thanks for Netflix for filling in the time after I ran out of food on the ward. Honestly I could eat non-stop throughout my treatment! I give thanks for noticing the dietitian walking past though and asking her if she'd tried out the (kidney friendly and super simple) lemonade scones she'd been telling me about, and she had and could report back they worked! She wrote the recipe out for me but in case the idea has piqued your interest here's a link to click on. https://www.recipetineats.com/lemonade-scones/

I give thanks for lots of lovely leftover tuna pasta reheated for my tea. For my microwave for doing this, while my grill heated up garlic bread. For the thought of no hospital trips for two days...Oh, and for a funny spam comment om my blog. Often these are poor translations or complete gobbledegook but in this case the wrong words were quite poetic - it said 'You are my breathing in...'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics