Tuesday 23 April 2019

Ninety-three

Phew, I give thanks for successfully beating back the zombie apocalypse (inside my body) the last twenty four hours. For the assistance of supergreens, paracetamol and a liberal dose of fresh cream apple turnovers - a pack of two is a portion for one, isn't it? For finally making it outdoors to get the latter plus a few other essentials of life....I'd been trying to arrange to meet someone in town to coax me, but she wanted me to go to her house which though not miles away, seemed like it when I thought about trying to walk there, especially as it's uphill!

I give thanks I did get further than the local Co-op however (which had been plan B) as I had a library book to return and a reserved one to collect - Jane Austen at Home by Lucy Worsley which caught my eye in a bookshop but I thought I'd rather borrow. For stopping at the charity shop on the way in which there was a beautiful rug for the spare room - cheap enough for me to buy though too heavy for me to carry so they are keeping it for me. For making a two day curry with the help of Mr Patak and the Hooded Claw (otherwise known as my spasm prone right hand) and for a fair stab at catching up with house and 'office' work which has been neglected over the last few days of lovely weather. For winning another battle with my ancient and very grumpy printer which refused, as it often does, to do what it says on the tin...but which this time turned out to be the usb lead disconnected at the back from where it was moved on Sunday!

I give thanks therefore, for someone who really just wanted to stay in bed and read and play games on my phone I've actually managed quite a lot by having lots of rest between stages. All I need to do now is to remember to dress for dinner - something korma coloured knowing what a mess I'll make...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics